Sweet Treats from Sticky Paws
In a bid to bring Barons Quay to the homes of our lovely customers during lockdown we have teamed up with the brilliant Sticky Paws in the Flavour Forest to bring you these delicious recipes especially for your iTi BiTi people!
Easy to make, with not too many ingredients these Brownie Bites and Pancakes with Berry Compote are perfect for making with the kids and can be enjoyed by the whole family. Why not give them a go?
Sticky Paws Brownie Bites Recipe
- 85g plain flour
- 225g caster sugar
- 140g butter
- 200g dark chocolate (70% minimum)
- 2 eggs & 1 extra egg yolk
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 50g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180c and light grease and line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment
- Break up the dark chocolate into a heatproof bowl, adding the butter. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water). Allow the chocolate and butter to slowly melt, mixing them together. Once melted, remove the bowl from the heat and allow to cool for 5 mins
- In a jug lightly whisk together the eggs and yolk, with the vanilla essence. Set aside
- Whisk the sugar into the melted chocolate, and then gradually whisk in the egg mix, until fully combined. Add the milk chocolate chips, stir in
- Sift in the flour over the top and mix together
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin, and bake for 25mins, until you can put a knife in the centre and pull it out clean
- Once cooked, allow to cool in the tin for 5 mins then lift out onto the cooling rack. Cut into 20 bite size squares and enjoy!
Sticky Paws Pancake & Berry Compote Recipe
Berry compote ingredients:
- 500g berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or a mix of all 3)
- 75g caster sugar
- ½ a lemon
Berry compote method:
- Put the berries in a saucepan and pour in the sugar. Squeeze the juice from the lemon half into the saucepan – stopping any seeds from dropping in!
- Cook on a low heat until berries soften, then increase to a medium heat stirring regularly so as not to stick on the bottom of the pan, and simmer for 5minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken
- Taste (careful, it’s hot!) and add more sugar if you like it a little sweeter. Then set aside and leave to cool. *Option: Blend in a food processor for a smoother texture.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Drizzle over pancakes, porridge or yoghurt – yum!
Pancake ingredients (serves 4):
- 200g self raising flour
- 15g caster sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 30g butter plus extra for cooking
- Melt the 30g of butter in a saucepan, set aside to cool slightly
- Sift the flour, sugar and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, making a hole in the centre
- Crack and whisk the eggs lightly together in a jug. Add the milk and now cool melted butter. Slowly pour this mixture into the hole in the flour and whisk slowly together with a large whisk until combined
- In a small non-stick frying pan, melt a small tsp of butter on a medium heat. Pour in a ladle of the batter, cooking for 1-2mins, until bubbles start to come out of the top. Flip it over and cook for a further 1-2mins until golden brown. Repeat the process until all of the mixture is used
For more family food inspiration follow @stickpawsflavourforest on instagram or @stickypawsff on Twitter. We’d love to see your home bakes, tweet us @barons_quay using #familyrecipes.