Annual Pass Promotion At Lion Salt Works
Anyone buying an Adult Annual Pass or Family Annual Pass between Monday 25 January and Friday 26 February will be offered a 10% discount on the shop and café throughout the year, a free guide book on the Lion Salt Works (worth £5) and tokens for four free coffees from the Museum’s café.
Since re-opening in June last year, after a £5m grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, the Museum which tells the story of salt through fun and interactive displays (including a sound and light show) has won four prestigious awards. Owned by Cheshire West and Chester Council, its success has also been reflected in high visitor numbers and positive visitor feedback. The Museum’s action-packed programme of activities throughout 2016 includes:
- Half-term, Easter and Summer children’s activities will range from ‘love bug’ and nature-themed activities to salt and art-making events
- A May Bank Holiday weekend will feature a Steam and Transport Event with traction engines and historic canal boats
- A first-year Anniversary event will centre around ‘Amazed by Science’ Week, including a programme to encourage women in engineering
- The annual Big Butterfly Count at the Museum’s established Butterfly Garden, that houses the Cheshire buddleia collection, will feature adult and children activities.
- Talks throughout the year will range from children’s storytelling, art & industry talks to geology talks.
- For the over 50s wanting to ‘up their fitness’ there will be ‘Wear Purple: Get Active’ walks or for those simply wanting to find out more about salt, there will be salt-making demonstrations by the Museum’s experienced trustees.
- Imaginative and cutting edge plays appearing at the Lion Salt Works this year, include Publik Transport Theatre’s ‘We are Bronte’ in March and ‘Rebecca Paine’s ‘Confessions of a Red-headed Coffee Shop Girl in May.
- The year will round off with lantern-making and a Victorian Christmas.
The Adult Annual Pass costs £18. A Family Annual Pass costs £50.00 and is available for either two adults and two children or one adult and three children. Both passes are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
The Museum’s shop stocks a range of interesting books and items such as tapestry bags, salt tea-light holders, games for children and canal-themed items. The Museum also sells silver jewellery inspired by the Museum’s butterfly garden.